Go pro hero 3?

Wisconsinbadger

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2013
Milwaukee wisconsin
Just got this camera for Christmas. The thought of being able to put the camera in the tank with the fish and video sounds pretty cool. Anyone have one? Do they take descent pics?!

Anthony Nolet

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oregon
I like my gopro, it's not the 3 since I got it a few years ago. I think it takes good pictures and filming your fish from inside the tank is cooler than from outside the tank sometimes.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I have a GoPro 3, i find for videos underwater its great, pics on the other hand are a little tricky to frame well, since there is no viewfinder...

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
You can get the LCD display for viewfinder which attaches to the back. It does drain battery rapidly though. I like the extended battery attachment, comes in useful. I also like the suction cup and chest mounts. Durable, versatile camera. I use mine often.

AQUAGIANTS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Thanks for the posts and the video link, I've been thinking of getting one this week. Post more vids if you have them and what you recommend for high quality underwater video

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
The hero 3 records in 1080p 720 and on down. You can choose. High Resolution the more memory and battery it uses. You can also get filters of you dive this way the colors don't get washed out.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
You can get the LCD display for viewfinder which attaches to the back. It does drain battery rapidly though. I like the extended battery attachment, comes in useful. I also like the suction cup and chest mounts. Durable, versatile camera. I use mine often.
I know about the view finder, but didnt think it worked with the underwater housing? Since i tend to like dunking my gopro directly into my tank to record with...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store