arowana aggression

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
my G2 red arowana is very aggressive towards my azul pbass who is 4inches whereas my arowana is 6inches. i had to move my pbass to a different tank
is there any way i can stop him being so nasty:(

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Take away his pocket money and ground him lol :D just kidding dude , safety in numbers while bass are small IMO , you either need few more bass or some ditherers to spread the aggression out a little

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
my G2 red arowana is very aggressive towards my azul pbass who is 4inches whereas my arowana is 6inches. i had to move my pbass to a different tank
is there any way i can stop him being so nasty:(
I'm sorry to say g2 banjar Reds are very aggressive as they are a mix of a green and a red

Green aro are nearly as aggressive as jardini so a banjar is nearly as aggressive as a green

Nothing you can do sorry

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

EricD

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2017
POSSIBLE AROWANA SUDDEN AGGRESSION. I had three Arowos in one tank for weeks with no issues, then one was hiding only to find his tail had been chewed on. I immediately moved him to another tank only to find the 2nd aro dong the same thing, so I moved him. Then those two started going at it. I then checked the temp. It was 84. Brought it down to 79 and so far no fighting. May return them back to the original tank tomorrow. Conclusion. High temperatures cause aggression towards each other.

Reactions: MariaS

Raynado

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2014
Under the rule of my Wife
Arowanas by nature are territorial fish so having 2,3,4 or even 5 or 6 will cause a rumble in the jungle. One of them will attempt to be the alpha and during that time fights will happen. However, when you have more aros the aggression is no longer apart from a few nips here and there. They're more peaceful in pack. In your case I would suggest a use of a wavemaker. This will allow them to concentrate on swimming and will likely lessen aggression. No harm in trying.

Reactions: Hendre

EricD

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2017
I have the Fluval Advanced Filter that provides a current which they like, but that could be an addition to the skimmer as well. My point is the temperature was the cause of the sudden aggression.

Raynado

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2014
Under the rule of my Wife
Sorry Eric, I was referring to Dudefish82 original post. But I may as well comment now. I really don't think high heat was the culprit. Perhaps it played a small role into agression but like I said previously aros are territorial and you may encounter a few weeks of happiness, but eventually fights will break out and continue to break out. But, you may just be lucky and have 3 peacful aros. Are they young or old? I'm just speaking out of experience and no pun intended

EricD

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2017
Well I have two juniors I separated from the foot long one. He was nipping at their tails. However now that I have the wavemaker which is like a cellphone for Aro's I may put them back in the big tank. Thanks for the advice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store