snapping turtle

rizzwan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2011
Singapore
can i put 3 snapping turtle together in 1 tank
they ate just 2-3inches abmnd temp tank will be 3ftx2ftx2ft. pls advise. as so far its ok . in tank

Vicious_Fish

Here fishy fishy fishy...
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
South Central...
As babies yes but as they grow they will become more aggressive and territorial. When they get some size to them they can do some serious damage in territorial fights so it's best to keep them separate or in a large pond.

Nigelk8485

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2014
Louisville, KY
I had a snapping turtle and I couldn't believe how fast it grew. I'd say yes if your filtration was extremely efficient but it'd probably last for less than six months before you'd need separate bigger tanks for each of them.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

90cat

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 16, 2007
Jacksonville
I agree with the above posts, when I was younger I tried to keep a 5" snapper with a similar sized red ear and had to immediately remove the snapper because of aggression.

CretaceousCreatures101

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2015
Oakland County, Michigan
I have one Common Snapper and he is probably one of my favorite animals I've kept. Snappers grow incredibly fast, eat like monsters, but if they are used to being held they will not snap (unless provoked). As the above have said, your snappers will eventually either need to be separated or put in a very large pond. They are very aggressive even towards turtles of the same size.

Dangerman

Feeder Fish
Oct 13, 2015
can i put 3 snapping turtle together in 1 tank
they ate just 2-3inches abmnd temp tank will be 3ftx2ftx2ft. pls advise. as so far its ok . in tank
I don't know, but I have two in one tank, at first they were aggressive towards each other but now its fine.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store