New guy checking in

Freshbait

Feeder Fish
Dec 27, 2014
Michigan
Came accross this site today and read prob 500pgs of posts and builds. All I gotta say is wow!!! I thought I had it bad. A little background on me I'm 38 and I got my first tank when I was 8. I've kept fish in pretty much any thing that'll hold water. At one point in time I had 30 tanks up and running when I was breeding cichlids. I've built quite a few tanks with plywood and west systems epoxy to hold baitfish. One of my many other hobbies is ice fishing and trapping baitfish. My biggest tanks inside the house were 75gal and i had 4 of them along with a 60gal show, 1/2dz 30gal, 1/2dzn 29's and a few dzn 10g for fry. outside in the shop were winter temps would drop well below zero I had 7 tanks set up for bait my 4 smallest were 30gal rubermaid totes, then i had 250 gal, a 330gal and a 500gal and it was filtered using a pair of 32gal rubbermaid trashcan as the trickle tower filters so does that bring me into the monster tank category?? I'm currently down to a compact 55gal bait tank I built a few years ago as I had moved out to Michigan due to work and left all my tanks and equipment at my house in Maine. I've got 3yrs left till I can retire from my current job and move back home to my
retirement house and build my dream tank. As doom as I find my pictures from my old setups ill post them up.

I look forward to see where I end up at with my tank obsession in the next few years and hope to start amassing equipment and materials to make it happen.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store