Arowana caring help?

DrewMChang

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2014
USOfA
Can you give me a brief care guide on an arowana? Specifically Jardini?
can you make it more aggressive than already is? And how big of a tank?
I want it to be super active and extremely aggressive! Help!!

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
i keep temps around 80f, good filtration and clean water obviousy, tight seaing and heavy aquarium lid coz they love to jump out and the very minimum for 1 jardini is 6x2x2 imo, they are always moving unless scared anyway and why do you want it so aggressive? they are aggresive feeders anyway especially when hungry, i guess feeding live a lot would up the aggression

chris1990

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2014
china
jardini can be troublesome , difficult to find a suitable tankmate that wont get killed . like firnally have to end up with a big tank with only one fish in it

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
i keep temps around 80f, good filtration and clean water obviousy, tight seaing and heavy aquarium lid coz they love to jump out and the very minimum for 1 jardini is 6x2x2 imo, they are always moving unless scared anyway and why do you want it so aggressive? they are aggresive feeders anyway especially when hungry, i guess feeding live a lot would up the aggression
Shane's pretty much nailed it for you ^^
I've spent most of my years keeping jars trying to stop the aggression but I suppose if you want one evil solo fish you've picked to right species of aro lol ;):D
If you want evil , feed live food (I would never personally do this due to aggression and risk of disease ) so quarantine them first.
Silver tank mates usually get took to bits and promote aggression so a shoal of tinfoil barbs usually gets them going.
Apart from that the aggression will just happen if you get a typical jardini , you could get lucky (or unlucky in your case ) and get a placid one but there's not many out there lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Arowana are a fresh water fish, plush there is a sub forum dedicated to them. Or maybe you didn't know you posted in the salt water sub forum.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store