MFK Member
Dec 28, 2014
USOfA
What should I put in my tank?
-wolf fish
-jardini arowana
-piranha ( caribe )
-gar
also include why that fish and why not the others!

chris1990

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2014
china
depend on your taste , I have no experience keeping wolffish so cannot give you my feedback on keeping these . Personally I would prefer a shoal of piranha ,adding a large peice of driftwood at the center of the tank to seem the run to safety everytime I get near the tank .Its also fun to see piranhas interacting socially . a large amazon theme tank with piranhas , stained tannin water , dimm lightning , that would be my choice if i had a spare tank now .

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Size of tank will dictate choice. But if you have a suitable tank for each then it depends on what you like in a fish.
Wolf fish, depends on species, can be anywhere from around 12" to over 2.5' in size. Ambush predators so not overly active, can be kept with other well chosen tankmates. Pros:impressive when large, voracious eaters, very aggressive, can possibly have tankmates. Cons: not overly active. Aggresive(can be pro or con). Will tear apart most tankmates if it feels the need to.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Jardini: can get to over 2' so a minimum of an 8x3 tank as they are active fast fish.
Pros: look great at large size, agressive, voracious eaters.very personable fish.
Cons: will almost definatley have to be a solo fish once thet hit8-10" they are maniacs. Will kil or bully almost any fish.

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Piranah. Looks great in a shoal, one of the most famouse fish. Pros: entertaining to watch.dont get too big, fairlyeasy to obtain.
Cons: very messy feeders. Notmany suitable tankmates. Best in a shoal but have a tendancy to kill the weakest fish.

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Gars are great. But depends on species, can grow anywhere from 2' to over 6'. Pros: a very peacful predator, it wont attack or bully otherfish for no reason. Very tough at larger sizes and long living. Timid enough for tankmates as long as they arent small enough to be eaten.
Cons: can be very skittish when small. Not very agile fish so need a big tank.

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Personally for me it would be a longnose gar or a black wolffish. But if given enough room could i could keep both with other fish(dependant on the wolfs tempermant).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store