Small monster fish?

oscar fish lover2000

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2012
australia
So I'm selling my JD and I'm wondering if there are any small "monster fish" that can live in harmony together but still eat fish that fit in their mouth? I've got a long 60 gallon tank. I've thought about piranhas and exodon paradoxus, but they're illegal where I live

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Etan

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2011
CA
Most fish eat smaller fish. If you just really want to see it eat live you could plant it and do a few Leopard Ctenopomas. They can be pretty difficult to get on pellet/flake food.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA

fish squish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
United States
Not sure of dimensions on 60 long, maybe some hujeta "gar", pike livebearers, red tail barracuda? Not sure if you're looking for more of a characin or cichlid. I've always thought characins are more entertaining eating live than cichlids. They hunt, strike, swallow. Cichlids just go womp, down the hatch!

Blazin

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2013
Illinois
look into 5 star generals (Hemichromis elongatus). Don't have any experience with them, but herd some cool things about these guys and they don't get that big.

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
there are loads of fish that can be kept alone like that but i think you might find it hard to find a group of aggressive fish that will live in that small of a tank.

here are some ideas for "wet pet" type fish, not sure if they are legal where you are but channa pultchra/rainbow snakehead, red wolf fish, possibly an oscar but the tank is a bit small and you might need to upgrade eventually...

some fish that can be kept together that i can think of but will eventually need a bigger tank are pink tail chalceus, leapoard ctenopoma, peppermint pike, some type of false gar etc

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store