puirgen

george09

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2008
peterborough on
ok all i know purigen is safe i picked up a few packets for my 240 ray tank. my question is is there a reator that i can use with this how often do you guys need to clean your reactors ? i am not trying to reduce watter changes here i simply pride myself in my ability to keep my rays in the most optimum water possible. which brings me to my next question here if purigen stops amonia from turning into amonia would that crash my tank when using large amounts of this amazing product. beause i would think i would be starving out my benifical bacteria but i gotta adimit my watter has disapeared with this stuff and to be honest i have never been more anoyed with the few scratches my tank has from rocks ect. what is your guys thouts about this ? looking forward to hearing them.

do you use large amounts of this product with your rays did you notice a spike when u had to recharge your purigen i know it takes a few days to recharge. and for those who use it is do you still use charcoal ?

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Never used it. Not saying it's not a good product but I don't know any ray keeper that uses it specifically. In case of confusion, when we talk about bio reactors or reactors we are talking about the plastic media types that boil. (WB3, K1, Ultima media) It is just another type of bio media that works with the waste cycle. I know that purigen can be similarly used but the stuff we use never needs maintenance if done right. How often something like that will need maintenance will depend on your system your feeding etc. As far as I am aware you will be one of the first to use it and play with it so go for it and let us know how it goes. Hopefully you get what your looking for from it results wise.
uploadfromtaptalk1419841443106.jpg

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

moosemj

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2012
Illinois
I use it in my tank and really like the stuff. You can't use it in a reactor though. The particle are very small and light. You'd have them all over the place in a matter of seconds.

I do like the product though. I put it in a media bag in the sump and it does polish the water. Good for pulling tannins from the water.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

chefwill

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2013
Jacksonville beach Florida
I use it as well.i don't buy all the hype about removing nitrate, but i will say my water has never been more clear

Sent from my SM-G900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

flukekiller

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2014
gloucester, va 23061
i used it for a long time in my planted tanks,,, it does a great job for polishing the water
but didnt do anything as far as nitrates and ammonia for me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store