210g or 300g sump

arowjdm0103

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2013
Datnoidsland
I'm planning on to get another 210g or 300g and I want to build my own stand to be 3' tall because I notice some stands on the market are not that tall I want it to be at a average height so I do not have to bend down. The tank and the stand should sit around 5-6' tall will that be ok or is it too high? The sump will sit 4" above the ground and I'll make my own sump with a 55g will it possible? Or I have to go bigger right now I'm not sure if I get a 210 or 300 yet will a 55g sump work on both? As a pump go I have an extra quiet one 2200 laying around unuse and I looked online it said max flow at 5'=410 and 6'=361 so at average of 390. As a over flow go I'm making that myself too out of pvc pipe, I'm using a 1.5" for overflow but first I'm using one overflow to see how it works and if theirs 1-2" of water above the holes I'll use another 2" pvc and I'll use 2 overflow just in case. I have the link of the diy over flow on the bottom. Any suggestion from mfk would be great.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=232938

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
I would recommend a 75 gallon sump or larger, More space is always nice, I like my stands to be about 40 inches so it will be nice doing it at 36 inches. You will probably want more flow i bet so plan for more. I personally like to drill my tanks, plan a 2 inch overflow pipe.

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
Go with the biggest sump you can Afford to do with in the confines of your stand and your build. The extra safety margain and water volume is worth every penny. I agree with a 75g. If your gonna use a 4ft tank you may as well use a wide tank instead of a skinny tank like a 55g

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store