$1/gallon sale 12/29/14

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
Just a heads up that this sale is going on right now. They don't seem to publicize it much, for whatever reason. I was getting ready to leave this morning to go pick up a 40 gallon breeder at my lfs (which was going to cost me $140 with the glass lid), and at the last minute, the thought crossed my mind to see if, by any chance Petco was having one of their sales, and sure enough I Googled it and found a Reddit post that said that the sale started on the 28th. Called the nearest Petco to be sure (which is actually a good 50 miles away from here, in Frankfort, KY), and it was confirmed. It was well worth the drive, to save almost $70 total (I got the tank and lid for $74). I got my 40 breeder, and also picked up a 29 gallon for a friend of mine while I was at it. :cheers:

I was also very impressed with Petco's livestock. This was only my second time ever being in a Petco store (first time was as a kid), since we don't have one near Louisville, but I had pretty low expectations from the stories I've heard on here over the years. Fish selection was definitely pretty generic, but everything was in good health, the tanks were clean, and they even had a saltwater section that looked decent. Definitely a better store than my local Petsmart (or god forbid, Meijer).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store