300 gallon acrylic aquarium

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
There's a 300 gallon acrylic aquarium drilled with sump and stand for 850$. It's an hour away the aquarium is in great shape. Is this a deal I should jump on? It's 84" long x 30" wide x 28" tall. Let me know what you guys think

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
If it was just the tank, a full size pick up but since you also have the stand, sump and whatever else, I'd rent a box truck with materials to secure and pad everything.

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Sounds like a good deal. But what do you want to put in it?

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Good deal! Jump on it!

I would want to see that tank FULLY filled to check for leaks

Rent a UHaul or a truck from Home Depot/Lowes. You're also going to need to round up some help.

Earlier this year, a member on this forum offered a 300 for free. I was the 1st to see and jump on the ad, and the guy told me it was mine just "come pick it up". I was making arrangement to hire people and a truck when the guy, on the very next day, posted the tank was gone. I'm guessing someone snuck in after me and offered the guy $. Which is fine, but the guy never bothered informing me, which almost ended up costing me a bunch of money in hiring moving people and transportation. Gotta love people today

GL

KAWAMIKIE

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2010
New Jersey
Could be a good deal. Just a few things to consider,
Who built the tank?
How thick is the acrylic?
How bad is it scratched up? Most scratches can be sanded and buffed out. If there are a lot expect to spend 8 hours or more to make the tank clear again.
Sellers will say the tank is in great condition with it all scratched and try to tell you the scratches are hardly noticeable when filled.
How do the seams look? The seams should look clear.

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
I used my dad's ford transit connect van and just made two trips. Probably rent a uhaul to get it in one go. Mine was acrylic too, it was pretty light me and the guy moved it and loaded it no problem. Didn't have to bring my brothers or friends to help.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I used my dad's ford transit connect van and just made two trips. Probably rent a uhaul to get it in one go. Mine was acrylic too, it was pretty light me and the guy moved it and loaded it no problem. Didn't have to bring my brothers or friends to help.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
What's the prices to rent a uhaul truck or a home Depot vehicle? Would it all fit in a cargo van? This aquarium is in good shape holds water the seams look very good and clear. There's very few scratches as this was a display tank in his office

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store