Public service announcement: don't wash glass cups

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
I learned on Monday that washing glasses with your hand inside the cup with a scrub pad is a bad idea.

My freakishly strong man hands broke the glass while twisting a scrub pad inside a pint glass. (That's 500ml or something for all you normal people)

Due to the unforgiving laws of inertia my hand completed the twisting motion - there by eviscerating my poor hand in dirty dish water.

After driving my self to the ER with a bar rag taped to my hand, several xrays, 8 stitches later, I'm left with a 10 day unpaid vacation from work. It happened at home and a cheese factory has no use for a one handed sucka like me. AND WORST OF ALL I CAN'T REALLY MESS WITH MY FISH!! Gotta keep it dry, cant move it, etc etc. One handed fish keeping is no bueno.

Please use a long handled bristle brush to wash your glasses. PLEASE.

I wanna post a pic. I dunno what is defined as "explicit". I thought it looked pretty cool if you ask me.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
You went to the ER?....you wuss.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
cmon mudbutt, you can't tell us about a gnarly injury and how you wanna post a picture, and then not post a picture!

what's wrong with you man??

plus people have posted nasty cuts before, just do it

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
At least you didn't cut your finger, cleaning the blade of knife like I have. *smh*

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
What happened to super glue and duct tape? Jk

Quick and speedy recovery! Keep it clean!
+1 the amount of stitch-worthy things I've closed myself with that exact method...I should have been a backwoods doctor.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
A real man would of simply just used a clothes iron to cauterize the wound

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
Im a super glue and duct tape man my self. I've saved countless thousands of dollars. Ive attempted kill infections with highbroof booze and drained abscesses with house hold needles. Im a poster child for what you shouldn't do.

Unfortunately this laceration went over the knuckle and wouldn't hold without stitches. I was dumb and never went to college so I repeatedly move 40lb blocks of cheese for 8 hours a day. Case in point - I needed a medical release to go back to work - and they didn't like the note the doctor wrote - hence the unpaid vacation. If I still worked a bogus retail job I would've avoided a $1,000 trip to a backwoods Wisconsin hospital.

I hope this isn't against the TOS.
uploadfromtaptalk1420043873377.jpg
I'm proud of this one. Not too shabby

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
The stitch is cool and all, but how about pics from pre medical intervention....the bloody gory ones

Aren't we all a sympathetic bunch here? haha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store