Current USA LED + "PRO" lighting unboxed!

noside

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2014
NJ
So Just so happens Current USA finally got my message and built a light to exactly suit my needs and is just a little cheaper then the Ecoxotic E-Series LED. Which I also have and will be comparing to, along side the Marineland single bright and Current USA LED+.

Current USA power supply on the left, Ecoxotic on the right, Jebao DC behind. They all use the same brand which seems to be the standard these days but the Current USA is larger hopefully doesn't get as hot as my Ecoxotic unit does but we will see.

Current USA and Ecoxotic 24hr ramp timers. Can we say outsourced? exactly the same, programs the same and remotes are the same.

LED+ Pro left single row of 9CHrgb LED, LED+ dual row 3CHrgb LED

The Ecoxotic uses the 6CH LED but the housing has a reflector the entire way across. Its running and its to hot for me to touch to flip over there are stock images available online.

Chocolate under Marineland single bright led. 21" deep tank

Ecoxotic E series 36" depth

Current USA LED+ 24" depth

Current USA LED+ PRO 21" depth

So I know a lot of variables here, but overall as it seems its spot on comparable to the Ecoxotic E series so far out of the box for a few less dollars. Its absolutely better then any other led that's available in the lesser category and these two lights to me are the only two bridging the gap in freshwater LEDs to the Reef stuff.

I didn't know these were available and just wanted to share in case anyone is looking to purchase new or upgrade an existing setup.

noside

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2014
NJ
Is this the one that does various weather patterns and what not?
The current USA LED+ and Ecoxotic E series both have on demand weather patterns. The biggest difference is that the current USA led+ pro offers a 24hr ramp timer the LED+ has no option to even add one. all you would be able to do is add an on off standard timer. Also the LED+ PRO boasts that it can support the demands of any planted tank. Where as the LED+ will only suffice for medium lighting demand plants.
I think I gotta save my money and replace my led+ with these pro :shocked:.
That's exactly what I did, I got tired of running 2 LED+ lights with no timers on my 55gal to support plant growth. so I switched to the LED + pro as soon as I saw it.

Everything is better on the led + pro vs the standard led+ lighting, even the shimmer effects are stronger with the pro lamp then any of my other led fixtures.

So far 48 hrs of operation I leave them on for 15hrs / day they run hotter then the LED+ but definitely cooler then my Ecoxotic E series lamp.

Going to try to get some better pictures of fish under the lighting, they were all hidden on the first day because of the change in light level.

Bud8Fan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
Nebraska
Just the review I was looking for, thanks!

I've have been trying to decide between the new Freshwater Plus Pro system or the Orbit Marine system for a freshwater 300 gallon tank.

The Plus Pro 48"-60" uses 60 watts versus the Orbit Marine's 46 watts so I'm hoping the Pro will also have better coverage on my 30" deep (front to back) tank as they both have 120 degree optics. The Orbit Marine is almost 30% cheaper but I think I'll still go with two of the Freshwater Pros instead.

We recently moved and I am totally redesigning our 300 so it's time to upgrade from the 4' florescent shop lights. :)

noside

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2014
NJ
I have the orbit marine also Bud8fan you'll be happier with the pro light it's brighter and looks better on most freshwater fish. Things that look better under the orbit marine IMO, african cichlids and things like filament barbs that have a rainbow mirror like sheen and not so much color.

Also the timer on the orbit marine sucks or at least the one I have it advances itself by 1 minute every 2 days so after a while I have to adjust the timer or its off by a lot.

The pro light timer is flawless so far, and the unit does not get nearly as hot the ecoxotic fixture so far still very happy with it.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Awesome! I was thinking of getting this light, but wasn't sure if I want to replace my Finnex Ray 2 or add another Finnex to my 37g Tall (23.5" deep).

noside

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2014
NJ
Awesome! I was thinking of getting this light, but wasn't sure if I want to replace my Finnex Ray 2 or add another Finnex to my 37g Tall (23.5" deep).
The new finnex stingray is really nice and it's really cheap if you're looking to add on lighting.

The stingray is basic but I like that for a secondary light simple on and off toggle. It's really bright, doesn't heat up and is super thin.

If you want something with a ramp up down 24 hr timer well then you gotta go with the pricier option.

I have the stingray led supplimenting an ecoxotic E90 on a 36" tall tank and it does really well reaching all the way to the bottom.

Bud8Fan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
Nebraska
They both arrived from Doctor Fosters yesterday. So far I love them! I also have a lot more room in my canopy as I was able to remove some old custom led moonlights, 2 four foot shop lights and 2 other smaller florescent lights that I used for subdued lighting. And only one cord now instead of three.

I haven't had a chance to mess around with the special effects much or fine tune the daylight settings but so far the "Crisp Blue" is my favorite for prime time viewing.

On the timer I set the daylight to a +5 on the white only. Just enough to see the fish during the day. If I want to sit down and watch "Fish TV" for awhile the remote is awesome! I set the moonlight at a +1 on the blue only. I think I'll mess with the settings and program a night viewing button to M1 or M2 buttons.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store