Albino Bristlenose Plecos had BABIES!

fishiesforme1

Feeder Fish
Apr 5, 2011
Sacramento, CA
Hi! It was totally unexpected, but last night I found my plecos had babies. I've counted 13 so far, and I'm assuming they are about 1-2 weeks since there are no yolk-sacs, and the fry are about a half inch. They are living in a 29 gallon densely planted tank, with mollies, swordtails, platies, pink danios, yoyo's, and Siamese algae eaters. I figure most of the fry have been eaten by now. :-( Is there anything in particular I should do to care for them? With all the plants and algae they should have plenty to eat, and I feed live tubifex so they have protein when they get big enough.

Water params are normal, no ammonia, nitrite, and slight nitrate. I've encase the intake tube for the filter with mesh so they won't get sucked in. Found two in it before I did this.

Thanks for any suggestions!

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Congratulations on the spawn! I find they will eat the same foods as the parents.

virgil2090

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2011
NJ
Very cool,I always wanted to try and breed bristlenose,but haven't had tank space yet.if your worried about enough food,find small size algae pellets or blanch zucchini tied to rock

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Congrats man! My super reds just bred aswell.
Zuchini is a great first food for the fry

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store