API QUICK START

Unratedaccount

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2014
Vallejo, California
Any reviews on API quick start. I just bought a bottle for a 55 gallon, and I wanted to learn more. It says you can "insta-cycle" a tank. I don't have a test kit and I don't have access to one so I wanted to know whats in store. And if I could add fish immediately.

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
There are some merits to these products but I don't put 100% stock into them. I'd let the tank sit for 24 hours at the very least if you go the chemical route. Do you have any established bio media from another tank? Thats the only "quick start" that I use. My old man used to use those products and swore by them, however.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Unratedaccount

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2014
Vallejo, California
Yeah I'm going to use the API quick start along with some media from my 29 gallon which has been going for about 3 or 4 years now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Etan

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2011
CA
Even if you use something like quickstart, safestart, stability or any other bacteria in a bottle you still should have a test kit on hand. These products help seed your filter so your tank is still going to be cycling. You need a test kit on hand to do a water change if your levels start getting out of wack.

Unratedaccount

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2014
Vallejo, California
Yeah I might go buy one later before I put water in the tank. I seen it for 35 bucks at Petco so I'll go there later today

Unratedaccount

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2014
Vallejo, California
Yeah I know my plan is either a Green terror and convict. Or a firemouth, blue acara, Cory's and a school of black skirts. Or a jack Dempsey pair.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I think they are a way to remove money from your wallet. pro-biotics belong in your septic system, not a fish tank. Again this only my opinion.

Unratedaccount

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2014
Vallejo, California
I guess I'll try it why not, I might just put a convict to see what happens. Of course I'll be testing the water, but if something goes wrong the convict can kick it in my 29 until I get the 55 gets better. There's always water changes

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store