What's wrong with my bichir fish??

Hash_7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2012
Bahrain
Hi guys, I have noticed that my bichir fish has been acting abnormal these past few days as it doesn't look to be much active or healthy as it used to be. It tends to float idly & goes up every once in while to as if to take air. It feeds but not as much as it used to before & it always seems to open & close its mouth as if it's gasping for air. The other fish in the tank ( one frontosa & a pleco) seem perfectly fine. Note that I recently moved it to a new tank that's when I started to notice this on it.. Any help or advice please??

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
Hi guys, I have noticed that my bichir fish has been acting abnormal these past few days as it doesn't look to be much active or healthy as it used to be. It tends to float idly & goes up every once in while to as if to take air. It feeds but not as much as it used to before & it always seems to open & close its mouth as if it's gasping for air. The other fish in the tank ( one frontosa & a pleco) seem perfectly fine. Note that I recently moved it to a new tank that's when I started to notice this on it.. Any help or advice please??

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I would say just test your water or have it tested. And also plecos are not the best to keep with bichirs as they like their slimecoat. Just another thing to think about.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store