Delhezi Patterning, Changes in color as they grow.

jray33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2009
Washington state
I just picked up a nice healthy delhezi a few weeks ago, and his patterning leave something to be desired...
I was curious if their patterns/color changes as they get larger, or if the pattern they are born with is there for good.
Like do they grow into larger stripes? ect.
Any feedback is much appreciated!

As you can see by the pic, his back section doesn't have that much patterning to it. Sorry for the crappy pic, only decent one i could get, and its right after a water change.
Sorry, having trouble uploading straight to post.
[http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1054646&d=1420242769

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
Their color isn't really dependent on age as much as the color of the substrate they are on. This applies to many polys especially dels. Dels IMO are unique in that they can look good on almost all substrates. On black the dels I have had have gotten a dark gray with green pigments. On white they got a much lighter gray almost like a tint of blue (their patterns standing out very well). And on garnet I have seen both of them keep a metalish looking gray that is in-between light gray and dark gray, with their patterns becoming very prominent.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
I have a group of four in a grow out tank at the moment. They all started off like that at around 2", and are now gaining more prominent patterns at the 5" mark. They grow fast, expect the prominence in a few months.

jray33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2009
Washington state
He does have good color, i was mostly wondering if the stripes will get bolder/thicker with age.
He's currently eating any pellets i put in there for him. which are omega one color formula, algae and shrimp wafers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store