eheim wet/dry 2229 not starting right...

quasar

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
hey guys,

like the title says i have a wet/dry eheim 2229 that i got used from a buddy of mine, according to him it was working but was a pain in the ass to get the lung working for the wet dry system. So i took it off of his hands. Low and behold i try setting it up and im about to break this thing with a hammer. The most annoying system i have ever seen, and i still cant get it to work. So far the best i can do is get the lung to empty out one time and then it never refills while i just have that sad slow flow going. The filter is essentially filled with 2 layers of biomax, 1 layer of bioballs, and the prefilter pad. My friend told me to get it started the best way was to have the intake hose full of water, and have the canister filled with water also. When i start the filter the lung does its job and does the crazy flow to empty out the canister, the canister flow gets slower, and then....nothing, the filter is just filtering water at its low flow and never doing the wet/dry process again. The air intake tube is not touching the water but for some reason when the canister empties out the water the first time i notice some water and bubbles going into the tube but never really coming out, is this perhaps the problem? Iv tried looking up videos and info on how to start this thing and there doesn't seem to be any help. Hopefully somebody here can save my buddy from me punching him in the face for giving me a piece of garbage.

KAWAMIKIE

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2010
New Jersey
I'm not familiar with it. Try Google there is a lot of info out there.
For the life of me I cant find a manual online.
Any chance it's loosing it's prime?
Can you get water to siphon through it with it off?

quasar

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
I even tried blocking the air tube, all that did was make the filter empty its lung slower...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
I answered in your other post and provided a link to the owners manual.

This filter should not have any floss or filter pads in it for the wet/dry function to work correctly. It is strictly a bio-media filter unless you choose to bypass the wet/dry function.

I wish the Search feature was working as I have posted in the past regarding problems with this filter and how to fix them. There are also installation height restrictions for this model filter so check out the link I posted on your other post.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store