Hello all, I'm new to the site.

Littlefishjoe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Central Illinois
Well I did it now.... So the wife and I are out spending time, shopping and picking up fish supplies when... I see 2 "RTC" and priced at $7.99 at a LFS. I resisted the urge at first but then my wife came over and said " hey haven't you been wanting one of those for years?" So we talked and went about figuring out the "how much" stuff, after about an hour and 2 cups of coffee we went back to pick up our new Redtail Catfish.

Got it home and in a 29g grow-out for monterning, thinking we have a month to get the 220 setup and running before it gets to big for the 29. Anyways I'm excited, I've been waiting a long time to keep a true "Monster Fish".

Ill try and get a video after it settles in
Well I hope to learn and hopefully help others on the forum.

lardieleftover

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2014
san diego
Glad you find something you like! Make sure you cycle the big tank long enough

fish squish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
United States
How come when I look at redtails with my girlfriend she says no, but your wife encourages it? Haha nice pickup. Plan for some big water changes/filtration in the 220. These guys can EAT and POOP. They're cool, active catfish (at least when they're young). Looking forward to some updates on this little guy. Are you going to have tank mates or just the rtc?

Littlefishjoe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Central Illinois
How come when I look at redtails with my girlfriend she says no, but your wife encourages it? Haha nice pickup. Plan for some big water changes/filtration in the 220. These guys can EAT and POOP. They're cool, active catfish (at least when they're young). Looking forward to some updates on this little guy. Are you going to have tank mates or just the rtc?
No tank mates are planned, i know the 220 will only be temporary. It will just give me time to build a plywood.
The trick with the wife is to get them into the hobby, she has her own 110g goldfish indoor pond.

bacon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
The gym
Love the RTC. I just picked up a 96x30x25...But I still don't think that is close to big enough. You have some time to get your plywood tank done at least. Good luck, great pick up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store