Best Canister for 5g planted tank

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
I'm trying to figure out which canister I want for my 5g planted tank. Its a fluval spec V but the filter it comes with is not enough flow for it IMO. Looking for a canister that has good flow but not too much to where it nearly uproots my plants. Was thinking of going with the TOM Aquarium rapids mini canister or the zoo med nano 10 canister. Any input is appreciated. I keep getting algae on some of my plants and a little more flow wouldnt kill anyone.
Thanks!

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
Ah, keep the plants from emitting too much co2? looks nice. Alphaprobreeders.com has some really nice shrimp
I'll have to check them out. I might start up a rack of 5g with different types of shrimp. My gf wants some "blue" ones lol. But I had one that was carrying but I guess she lost them. It looks like I have about 6 females to about two males with 2 juveniles. So hopefully they will both turn out to be males. I would really like to start breeding these but we will se if that happens. Idk why she lost her eggs. Water parameters are good. Maybe too high of ph or gh. Not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

fish squish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
United States
Once they start you'll have plenty lol. Look at his shrimps, they're beautiful. I had some of his sakuran reds, made normal cherries look like garbage. Can be pricey though. That rack idea sounds sweet, could just run sponge filters.

Also the babies are VERY small. Takes a trained eye to see them. Your female may have had them hatch after all. Sometimes the tiny one will crawl on the glass.

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
Once they start you'll have plenty lol. Look at his shrimps, they're beautiful. I had some of his sakuran reds, made normal cherries look like garbage. Can be pricey though. That rack idea sounds sweet, could just run sponge filters.

Also the babies are VERY small. Takes a trained eye to see them. Your female may have had them hatch after all. Sometimes the tiny one will crawl on the glass.
She might have. Idk lol. I was looking at shrimp online but the only site I found with decent prices was theshrimptank.com. But shipping was expensive. I guess I'll just have to suck it up once I learn with these cherries. But yea I like the rack. I got the idea from YouTube. It's pretty cool. If you look up shrimp tank it should come up.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store