Motoro Stingray help

Hash_7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2012
Bahrain
Hi guys, I recently bought a small stingray and its my first time to own one so I appreciate ur help.. I noticed that it keeps swimming to the surface & sometimes tries to jump every once in a while and then goes back to the bottom where it either stays in place for some time or swims about, buries itself in the sand.. It looks perfectly normal fine, no change of color or appearance of any weird stuff on it. Note that it's with a small frontosa & a pleco in the tank & the there is enough space in the tank..
So is the swimming to the surface & jump part is considered normal (do they tend to do that)??

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Hash_7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2012
Bahrain
Actually there are two wires which belong to the aquarium that are hanging a bit close to the glass. I got a thermometer in the aquarium as well. Any chance this got to do with the water level?? Note that the water is clean...

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
What's your water chemistry?....just a consideration but the ray and Frontosa are usually kept at opposite ends of the PH scale...

Keister

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2012
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
What's your water chemistry?....just a consideration but the ray and Frontosa are usually kept at opposite ends of the PH scale...
Rays and frontosa actually make for a readily common match up in a tank. There are lots of ray keepers that I know of who have frontosa and rays together and the rays are perfectly fine in a high ph as long as it's stable...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That's good to know then as I was kind of under the impression that rays preferred lower PH and somewhat softer water than that of Tanganyican cichlids.

Keister

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2012
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
That's good to know then as I was kind of under the impression that rays preferred lower PH and somewhat softer water than that of Tanganyican cichlids.
No sir they can tolerate quite a wide range of ph which makes it nice for us:) this way we don't have to worry about trying to change or manipulate ph as long as it is stable and it allows us to have a wider array of possible tank mates! Hey you should get some:)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store