75 Gallon Ultimate Setup?

Moois232

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2014
Pennsylvania
Hello, I am getting a 75 gallon in the next week or two and was wondering what the absolute best way to set it up would be. I don't know the dimensions of the tank. What would be the best filtration, heating, substrate, etc. I am looking at uv sterilizers too but I don't know if they are the best choice. What would be everyone's ideal setup for this tank. I currently have an 8" red tail catfish, 7" clown knife, and a Louisiana Swamp Crayfish. What is the best equipment that both could make the 75 gallon great and using the same apparatus make a, for example, 150 gallon tank great as well if possible. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

HZO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2013
I would skip the 75 gal if I had those fish, and go straight to a 300 gal rubbermaid bin, and plan the filter from there.

HZO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2013
If I were to stay with the 75 what would you put in it?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Filter or fish? For a filter, I would use one or two of those cheap sunsun canisters people are just suddenly talking about. I just got one for my 40 gal, and it seems good so far.

For stock, I would keep that crawdad you mentioned, and get some larger killfish or darters. But that's just me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store