endlicheri "freakn out"?

benjaminn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2015
België
hi peoplle. i have a polypterus endlicheri.. he's about 35cm. the last weeks he started to "freakn out" at night he try to break out.. he makes much of noise..
Anyone a idea what his problem is? i try to upload a movie.if it works.. grtz benjamin

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
I use to get new ones and until they got use to there tank the would do the same at night. Make sure your tank is covered good cause they will also jump right out and you'll find them dead or almost on the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

SawickiB

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2014
FL, United States
It doesnt look like hes freaking out... just looks like the tank is to small for his size and hes just a little active...

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
I would suggest lowering your water level a little bit, it would create more of a gap incase the endli keeps trying to jump, and also allow for more airspace. This behavior is very typical of some bichirs especially active ones. I would suggest trying to add more plants or driftwood to create more hiding spaces. That might also decrease these occurrences, but like I said it's pretty normal of the active ones.

benjaminn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2015
België
I would suggest lowering your water level a little bit, it would create more of a gap incase the endli keeps trying to jump, and also allow for more airspace. This behavior is very typical of some bichirs especially active ones. I would suggest trying to add more plants or driftwood to create more hiding spaces. That might also decrease these occurrences, but like I said it's pretty normal of the active ones.
ok thanks for resp.
I had plants.. but he ruin always everything.. thats why i now only have these bottles.. he is "diving" in to the grind to.. :) but i will try it with driftwood.. hope that this will calm him down.. cause sleeping in the same room is not very funny anymore :)

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
Did you have plastic plants or real plants? Also a second time watching the video it seems as if the lighting is very bright. I would probably try and get something less bright as that might also be causing some stress.

benjaminn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2015
België
I had real plants.. the light is only for the movie.. it's not always so bright.. and he "flips" most of all when it's dark.. when i put the light on he calms down.(not every time) the waterquality is good. I have tested it. I have him almost 2years.. and he start to act like that +- 2months ago..

here is another movie.. it upside down.. don't know why :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9q4bS8b3zE

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
try some sinking plastic plants and just ziptie them to the driftwood or get some that are heavy enough to be barely moved. As long as you just give him some hiding places he should settle down a little more.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store