My first litter...ever lol...1-4-15

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Found 2 healthy marble pups around 9:00 this morning, a third underdeveloped mutant embryo also came out. Both pups were sucessfully removed unharmed with the help of my lady and seem to be doing ok so far. They were moved in a 25gal (4'x11"x11") pup tank thats been chained into the parents system months ago and seem to be setteling in nicely.

Pics will not load atm for some reason, ill keep trying throughout the day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Congtrats man. I always thought youd have had a few births by now...guess your too busy building monster tanks and raising monster cats lol.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Great news congrats
I would like to see some pics of your pups tank including plumbing and of course the stars of the show 'Ray pups' !!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Congtrats man. I always thought youd have had a few births by now...guess your too busy building monster tanks and raising monster cats lol.

Thanks! The marble pair have only been with me for a little over a year so im quite surprised to say the least. I didnt get back into rays until i got into autodrip systems and felt confident enough to do so. Catfish still hold a special place in my heart but rays are becoming a close second favorite lol...

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
You mean those pups didn't go on the attack and stab you during removal? Lol. First batch down many more to go.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Did you get the pair specifically for breeding? Or was it a happy coincedence? And i agree, pics please:) and what tank where they in? Iv followed a number of your threads(including a certain 3k build thats not finished yet, *ahem*:p) so im wondering what tank out of your hoarde is the rays.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Great news congrats
I would like to see some pics of your pups tank including plumbing and of course the stars of the show 'Ray pups' !!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Thanks jim! Im happy to share some full system shots with the pup tank as soon as mfk permits me to post pics again lol...just my luck its not letting me post em today i just tried again. I have a regular style hang on overflow box pulling from the main tank to the pup tank...then into the filter/sump so its just gravity powered. I was even able to add in another filter sock after the pup tank so it was a win win for the system. Believe me its killin me being unable to get pics to go through. Keeps saying forum error but ill keep trying.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
You mean those pups didn't go on the attack and stab you during removal? Lol. First batch down many more to go.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Lol...ill admit i was afriad Kevin, but it went fairly smooth to my surprise. I was more prepared than i thought. Ironically i set out bowls/buckets lastnight and my small net on a 3' pole. Worked out well. As always id rather be lucky than good lol...

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Did you get the pair specifically for breeding? Or was it a happy coincedence? And i agree, pics please:) and what tank where they in? Iv followed a number of your threads(including a certain 3k build thats not finished yet, *ahem*:p) so im wondering what tank out of your hoarde is the rays.

Marble pair are just in a standard 8'x2' 300gal for now... i have a 8'x3' 450gal i just repaired for them right next to the 300 so theyll be getting an upgrade within the next month when im confident its cycled/ready for them. I have some other rays to move up to their old tank i been hiding :). And yeah i had intensions of breeding this pair but honestly didnt expect anything this soon. This is the first thing ive gotten back from the hobby...very enjoyable

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store