how to train poly to eat frozen bloodworms ? help..

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
hello guys, soo, ive been searching for some fish food for my fish and got hikari stick pellets and frozen bloodworms.. so i attempt to feed my endli the frozen bloodworms but it seems tht he is really not tht intrested in frozen food.. ive been feeding him live food this whole time and that is why because tht he is only interested to eat only on something tht MOVES.. is it possible for me to feed him the frozen bloodworms? if so, how? i put a cube in the tank last night but it came straight to the powerhead and the cube scattered into pieces.. is the bloodworms to small for my endli to eat it? is my endli not eating eat becuz it doesnt move? my endli is about 7" now and his very thick cuz feed him a lot .. any ideas guys? thanks in advance :)

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
when was the last time you fed him live food? I would hold him out a while (especially since you say he's very thick) for maybe 4-5 days. Then offer it again if he doesn't eat them then fast him again. However I would probably try with either cut up massive or sinking carnivore pellets. He is a little too big to be on blood worms and even if you are successful in training him onto blood worms it won't be long before they won't be good enough for him. So If I were you I'd just do some sort of sinking pellet.

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
about last week i think.. i could not find any massivore or sinking carnivore pellets.. i have some sinking pellets for plecos but the size are small.. my endli cant see it.. ive seen it only ate once.. and why will it not be good enough for him, the bloodworms? tht's what ive been asking the workers and they said they dont have that type of sinking pellets..

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
about last week i think.. i could not find any massivore or sinking carnivore pellets.. i have some sinking pellets for plecos but the size are small.. my endli cant see it.. ive seen it only ate once.. and why will it not be good enough for him, the bloodworms? tht's what ive been asking the workers and they said they dont have that type of sinking pellets..
It's not that they won't be good for him as much as it is the amount you'll have to feed him for him to get even close to being full will be way more than what you'll have to feed of pellets. You may only be feeding him a couple cubes now, but even once he's hooked on them you'll have to feed more and more in a matter of months. And if you think your endli can't see the sinking plecos pellets than bloodworms will be even worse as not only will he ave to go searching for each individual worm, but need more of those worms to be full. You may have to order the pellets online some where. It doesn't have to be those specific pellets. I have used other pellets than those I am just saying that you can train him on bloodworms now, but it'll be a lot less trouble and possibly less money to train him onto pellets, or even other types of fillets such as tilapia or catfish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store