Green Arowana Feeding

oscar89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2012
Kolkata, India
Hi, i'm new to asian arowanas.
Have been keeping a green for a few months now.
when i got it, it had undergone WTT and all colours had washed off.
Had a lot of help from Li Neoprodigy in getting that back.
Anyway, the real problem i am facing with it is that it is a moody eater!
it is not eating anything regularly except for live feeders.
I really want it to go on to dry foods.
It is very skinny right now. Help guys!aro1.jpg

aro1.jpg

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Wow, even the greens are going through that treatment, interesting
I would feed him small crickets till he puts on some weight. If he has trouble with them, try live blackworms for a few days till he builds up strength to eat the crickets. You have a couple decades hopefully to get him on dry. Get him past the fragile stage first. He does look thin! What kind of feeders is he eating?
Has he really survived a few months with that oscar?

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
Wow, even the greens are going through that treatment, interesting
I would feed him small crickets till he puts on some weight. If he has trouble with them, try live blackworms for a few days till he builds up strength to eat the crickets. You have a couple decades hopefully to get him on dry. Get him past the fragile stage first. He does look thin! What kind of feeders is he eating?
Has he really survived a few months with that oscar?
+1 that oscar might kill the arowana

oscar89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2012
Kolkata, India
That is one of the most docile oscars you will see :D Doesn't bother the arowana at all.
Have been feeding the arowana live guppies and mollies and danios.
But will i be able to get it on pellets later if i keep up the live feeding now?

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
That is one of the most docile oscars you will see :D Doesn't bother the arowana at all.
Have been feeding the arowana live guppies and mollies and danios.
But will i be able to get it on pellets later if i keep up the live feeding now?
yes feed him live for now if he does not eat anything else, until he gets healthier but be warned that live guppies,mollies etc might carry diseases harmful for your arowana,
good luck :)

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Looks like the oscar might be eating all the guppies, mollies & danios before the aro has much of a chance. Separating the oscar from the aro will certainly improve the aros chance of survival regardless of how calm he seems to be imo

Joao M

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2010
Portugal
Looks like the oscar might be eating all the guppies, mollies & danios before the aro has much of a chance. Separating the oscar from the aro will certainly improve the aros chance of survival regardless of how calm he seems to be imo

^this

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store