14 Leo/Mantilla Pups Born , 1-4-2015

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Well talking to Wednesday (Russ) and many others for days I almost thought my female might never give birth at the rate she was going, then she slowed eating and even 2 days ago gave up jumbo shrimp I dropped in just for her and she was getting very active. Then Russ said it would be cool if we had pups on the same day, I said yes but honestly that's like 1 in a million or one in 365 however you want to do the math it didn't seem at all possible. Sure enough next morning my phone was going crazy with messages about pups and I needed to go check and… my girl was still fat and swimming her laps. So jokingly I said I still have about 17 hrs but ya right won’t happen. I left the house a few times and each time came back to nothing. But I was very much enjoying the fact that Russ got some really sweet Marble pups that look awesome with tons of spots. It’s a joy for me to have pups but I’ve had a good few batches and after having 11 pups last year I kind of thought I had seen it all especially when my next batch was only 5 pups. But then my female got pregnant and I knew it was from my Leo so I got excited to see what would turn up for patterns as that combo is very unique.
Well amazingly I was down stairs looking at my female and she just seemed super super huge almost bloated even more than normal and I was actually talking to a friend about how big she looked. I turned around to my computer and checked on something for about 1 min and when I turned back around all I could see what pups flying everywhere in the tank. So I yelled for my wife and threw the breeder tub in and just started grabbing them as quick as I could not counting but I knew allot were in there. As I went along chasing them down my wife said is that all of them and I said no I can still see 6 or more buried in the sand right there, so I got all those out and into the tub. After that I can a quick count and could not believe my eyes, I had to count 3 times just to check as It was absurd, 13 pups was amazing. I got off the step stool and looked in the tank for a min just in awe and all the sudden one more swam across the back wall quickly back to the step stool and into the tub.
14 Leo/Mantilla pups, I will be accepting worm donations for the chance to name a ray. Lol ok just joking, I’m super shocked and amazed and privileged to share these with all of you.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Pup brothers lol....well done sir! 14 classy looking haloween hybrids right there :) im still jealous.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
Holy cow there are alot of pups flying around in the last few days lol

These will be some very interesting rays forsure!

Lets see some parent pics!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Congrats........that is an impressive size litter. How big is mom?

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Congrats! Interesting pups for sure.

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
What an amazing story for such a dedicated ray keeper. You my friend just populated a whole river system in one birthing. I am so excited that you get to spend hours a day cutting and chopping food into tiny pieces over and over and over and over again. This almost deserves a special phone contest. The first 10 phone calls gets a free pup starting NOW!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store