Bichir and Fire eel

Justynkak

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2015
Plymouth, UK
Hi! Is is possible to have Senegal bichirs with fire eels in 55g tank?

I do relise that they are both bottom dwellers so will compete for food. And that if the eels are too small then bichirs could eat them. And that all the fish will produce loads of waste.

But other than that are there any cons?

Could i keep 2 bichirs and one fire eel? Or do you have any other combination suggestions. their tank mates would include 1 GT and 6/12 tiger barbs.

I have a chace to get the biichirs at 4/5 inch and the fire eels between 4 inch and 10 inch.

---------------------------
i am so sorry for the topic! I have auto correct and it corrects it to..... You know, ugly words hahaha

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
A couple sens would fit in their perfectly, but a fire eel would be very cramped as an adult. I would imagine the GT would be a little cramped as well.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
"Other than that are there any cons?" Didn't you name enough?

Sent from my car phone

Justynkak

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2015
Plymouth, UK
A couple sens would fit in their perfectly, but a fire eel would be very cramped as an adult. I would imagine the GT would be a little cramped as well.
Nvm I didn't relise how HUGE these guys get :/ I don't know why I imagined them to be 1' max! I went on and read few post on here and people say that even 180 g is small :/

The GT will stay in this tank for max 2 years :) sorry to be a time waster :(

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Nvm I didn't relise how HUGE these guys get :/ I don't know why I imagined them to be 1' max! I went on and read few post on here and people say that even 180 g is small :/

The GT will stay in this tank for max 2 years :) sorry to be a time waster :(
Not a waste of time if you learned something. Now you won't be like some who would buy the fish try keeping it in a 55g for life and then realize can't be done and then post for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
No one being called out. Just having a discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store