How to make your dat stable?

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Seems like this word won't help at all, but the answer is patience. Dats take a really long time to feel comfortable etc etc. It could be unstable due to temperature, stress, water quality, substrate, many things. But I've found that just letting them be for a while, over time they become stable and some will never become stable ever. Especially this happens with indos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
I figured they would just do it when they are ready, but maybe the pros knew a trick or something. Why are they stable sometimes? I have a big dat stable 25% of the time, and a 3" dat stable 75%

Sent from my LGMS769 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Sorry, there are as many opinions on that as there is Datnoids.
Try using the search function at the top so you can read the dozens of threads that already exist. There is no answer but there are some interesting theories.

Sent from my car phone

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Well said and nicely put,that_fish_guy.

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
Sorry, there are as many opinions on that as there is Datnoids.
Try using the search function at the top so you can read the dozens of threads that already exist. There is no answer but there are some interesting theories.

Sent from my car phone
Isn't that why this site is here? So I can just post my questions and have them answered for me, that way I don't have to do any searching or research on my own?

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Isn't that why this site is here? So I can just post my questions and have them answered for me, that way I don't have to do any searching or research on my own?

Yes but.
Don't you hate that?
You will get more info quicker by searching. Some info will be ten years old and the guy who had the best answer is dead.

Sent from my car phone

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Who asked for your input? :ROFL:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store