Picked up used tank/stand. Advice needed

GaCichlid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2014
Georgia
So, I picked up a 72 gallon bow front drilled tank I was gonna use for salt water. Came with all the parts, sump, pump, heaters, lights, etc. On the base of the stand it seems like the guy had let a ton of water either dripping out or evaporation from the sump just flow. It does not any structural damage on the side of the stand, it is just the bottom that does not look to hot. I was thinking of taking the base off and just putting a piece of plywood as a new base. Or could I just leave the original swollen mdf there and just put another sheep of plywood under it? Keep in mind I am in an apartment so the tools are sort of limited to what I can do. Thanks everyone.
Gonna try and upload pictures from my phone. Cannot add them from my laptop

paulW

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
ohio
Hard to say without seeing it, but I would probably just fasten another piece of plywood to the bottom, if I Could be sure to put the fasteners in undamaged wood (like the sides)
TAking out the old MDF would probably look better. Not sure how important looks are to you.

muttley000

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2011
West Unity, OH
A pic would sure help. If it is just swollen in the middle of a flat price I can't imagine it is hurting anything. May be able to sand the swell out of it and paint it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store