Need recommendations for UV system for small FW tank

erik333

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2014
Pennsylvania
I need to get a UV system for a 20g FW tank with persistent cloudy-green water. Water chemistry is normal. Water changes on regular basis, etc. I've used Acurel which isn't doing the trick. So I saw that there were some HOB filters with UV systems inside and also some UV systems that attach to the outlet of my canister. Can anyone recommend any brands/models please? this is new for me.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Could try the mini green killing machine internal uv filter/sterilizer.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

erik333

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2014
Pennsylvania
Thanks. Output is high for a 20G tank - i'm running an Eheim canister that I used to have on a 70 gal tank years ago. don't know the GPH though.

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
x2, I would recommend this also but if you'd rather get one to attach to your canister, I bought mine from aquatraders.com

http://www.aquatraders.com/UV ++ F...ions would work well for your set-up as well.

erik333

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2014
Pennsylvania
Thanks all for the input - based on some reviews, I went with a HOB AquaTop PF25 UV. I'll report back next week on its effectiveness.

erik333

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2014
Pennsylvania
Just reporting back that after only running since Tuesday night, the Aquatop PF25UV HOB has done wonders and done what I have been unable to do with water changes and Acurel F for months. Water is very clear now. I appreciate all the input above and would also recommend this filter for water polishing of a small tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store