150g stocking ideas

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
So I have my 150 up and running now and am looking for stock suggestions. It will have a 12" lap bichir, a 9" teugelsi bichir, 6" featherfin, 7" Florida gar, and a 8" golden clown knife. I'm thinking more along the line of more bichirs. How many more can I house comfortably. For filtration it'll have two sunsun 304b and an overhead sump.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Oxymus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Freehold
Florida gar in there? would it out grow that tank like 3 or 4 months? about your stock you already over stocked your tank IMO. Don't forget the max/full size of your fishes, it's might be good for now but troublesome few months later.

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
Florida gar in there? would it out grow that tank like 3 or 4 months? about your stock you already over stocked your tank IMO. Don't forget the max/full size of your fishes, it's might be good for now but troublesome few months later.
I'm aware of max sizes. The only fish I'm worried about outgrowing my tank is the gar. And he hasn't grown a bit in the month I've had him. So I'm not too worried about him right now. He's very happy. But still open to suggestions. I can always up filtration if need be. None of my fish have grown in the time I've had them so I'm guessing they're slow growers. They're on tilapia, krill, beefheart, bloodworms and sinking carnivore.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

catfishacr

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Iowa City, IA
Yeah I agree with oxymus, you have some big fish with large max sizes for a 150 gallon. What are the dimensions of your tank? Your gar and knife fish will out grow your tank sooner than later. If you have good filtration and lots of bio-media I think you'll be fine water wise for a while but be prepared for those two fish especially the gar to get big quick. I've read its common for gars to get 12-15" in a years time. I'm not familiar enough with bichir's to say if you can house more or not but your bioload is already on the high side IMO.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store