Clear PVC for syphon

pelleeklund

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Hey I was just wondering if anyone with a deep tank has managed to find a thin diameter clear PVC syphon over 31 inches long for their tank. I've been using a DIY syphon with a full size 3/4in PVC as the extension and it's a pain to move around. I see 24 inch models all the time but I don't feel like dipping my arm 7 inches into the tank the whole time I syphon. I've been meaning to ask this for years, just dealing with my clunky rig, but no more, today is the day for change.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
You could add a piece of regular PVC to what you have. Frankly, if you don't want a wet hand are you sure you are in the right hobby?

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
The problem with extending the tube is the suction is not as strong and some of the waste that you would normally remove would now stay

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
I just bought the 48 inch Python gravel vac for the exact same reason. I was looking around the internet for clear acrylic tubing to make one, which I found. then I was trying to figure out how to to attach a hose to it, looking for the right hose barb fitting to fit acrylic tube, finding only PVC fittings. I started adding up the price to buy and build my own, plus my time playing around with all this, and I decided to just buy the one Python already makes. Works great. I just vacuum solids off the sand into a filter sock every few days--nothing to it. I love filter socks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store