Convict cichlids

michael0418

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2015
miami,fl
I got to 2 pairs that laid eggs and just wanted to know how long should I wait till I take the fry out for grow outs! If you have any tips please give me them! Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ichthyogeek

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2015
Arkansas
+1^ the babies will grow up, and you can just remove them when you feel like it. If you feel like you should, feed Hikari First bites for fry food, they'll eat it. i had a pair spawn in a community 55. It quickly became a convict 55. I did a WC every two months, and the fish were fine with that. Feed anything you want, just make sure to feed lots of it. What are you breeding them for?

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Don't be surprised if nobody buys them. Local stores might take them for SUPER CHEAP credit, which can add up - you will just have to do some hustling. Good luck!

ichthyogeek

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2015
Arkansas
Advice on the DIY food? or on raising?

Raising/Selling: You might wanna try contacting people with BIG fish that need live food. They might not buy the fish for a lot, but you still might make a profit. How much are your calculated costs for raising per fish?

DIY food: There's plenty of info on the 'net about DIY food. Are you looking for a specific type like gel, frozen, etc.?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store