Another Food Question (Elive)

Fish on Fire

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Visalia/Berkeley, California
Has anyone tried feeding this to their cichlids? I was getting some stuff from Petco and saw this fish food that I had never seen before called Elive Cichlid Color Granules with a very generic looking label. Best thing about it was that it was under $5 for the container. Anyways, here is the ingredients list:

Whole Anchovy Meal, Whole Shrimp Meal, Soybean Meal, Wheat Flour,Fish Oil, Squid Meal, Yeast, Red Algae, Spirulina, Astaxanthin, Calcium Propionate, Rice Bran, Proteinase Enzyme,Garlic, Brine Shrimp, L-ascorbyl-2polyphosphate (C), Vitamin A, Acetate, Choline Cloride, a-Tocopheryl Acetate(E),Niacin, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Thiamin, Biotin, Pyridoxine HCI, Folic Acid,D-Actived Animal Sterol (D3),Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin k3 Supplement, Inositol, Calcium Lodate, Calcium biphosphate, Cuprum Sulphurium, Sodium Selentie, Cobalt Chloride, Feerous Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate.

MIN. CRUDE PROTEIN 40% MIN. CRUDE FAT 6% MAX. CRUDE FIBER 3% MAX. ASH 11% MAX. MOISTURE 10%

How does this food compare? Has anyone tried feeding it to their fish? I'm thinking of trying it once I run out of my Hikari Sinking Carnivore pellets.

Oxymus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Freehold
Variety is the key, food is food cheap or expensive price tag. It will always benefit to your fish one way or another. The problem you might have that your fish might not like the taste of the new one, for me I just mix all the brands up and feed my fish :)

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
If you are looking to stretch your dollars more efficiently I suggest making DIY gel foods.

Super easy, cost effective and last longer than straight pellets.

My clown loaches will eat hikari carnivore pellets but not massivore or NLS so to solve this problem I make gel foods consisting of all 3.

If your goal is to save money then get the cheap pellets and grind up some carnivore with them and it'll make both last a little longer.

Fish on Fire

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Visalia/Berkeley, California
Yeah, I know that variety is always best. But I was just wondering if this food was worth adding to the mix or even using as the staple pellet and if anyone has tried feeding it yet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store