Amazon Biotope

Monstrous

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2013
Singapore
Update of my biotope

[video=youtube;VjMOopsf1EI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjMOopsf1EI&spfreload=10[/video]

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
That's a really nice piece of driftwood. Very jagged looking. Is it me or are ur fish breathing heavy?!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Monstrous

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2013
Singapore
Just tested nitrate, Ammonia PH neutral. Guess the fish are still acclimatizing to the tank. This is a new 1, after the previous tank suffered a leakage. I haven't got the chance to put in the filtration too. Guess it will be soon. It was a pity to lose the previous setup. 1 with more vegetation[video=youtube;CnNd6cQb4_M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnNd6cQb4_M[/video]

Progar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2014
Hoover, AL
That does look nice and all but its functionality as a fish tank is not very high at the moment. With no air stone, circulation, or filtration outside of newly added plants you will have a tank full of dead fish in a couple of weeks tops. At least put in an air stone until you get the filtration hooked up, possible a power head. Really anything to circulate the water and not let it sit stagnant, especially with fish in it, they will be better off because of it.

And that is an awesome piece of driftwood, im jealous!

Monstrous

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2013
Singapore
Thanks for the comments on the driftwood, it is actually built from individual driftwoods. And yes, this is indeed not yet a fuctionable fish tank. I have yet to put in the filter and the plants from the previous tank had died. Going to get them into the tank soon

Monstrous

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2013
Singapore
Update: I have just installed a filtration system into this tank, also added 5 stalks of amazon sword plants into this. Last but not least, cant resist getting 3 more festivum for my tank.
Now i am just left with a bristlenose pleco and some cories. Video coming up soon

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
I would get that tank established first before throwing more fish in it, the heavy breathing and clody water sugesst high amonia or nitrates.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store