Severum, 3 Bichirs, 65 gallon

Justynkak

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2015
Plymouth, UK
Hi! I finally got 3 baby bichirs for my 65 gallon 4ft tank :) I wanted to get a GT as I want a large-ish fish to roam the top and middle, but they are really hard to get around here (or the postage is twice the price of the fish)

I found severums in one of my lfs and was wandering what you guys think. There always seem to be a debate as to whether they will be fine or not. I found at least 3-4 the same topics but they are either no for 55galoon or yes for 75 gallon. I can't find a thred for 65 gallons. :( the lfs just labeled them as severums and they have all sorts of colours from white/gold to black/blue.

So what do you guys think? I am more concerned about the space rather than bio load as I'm quiet good with my water changes and filtration :)

Blazin

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2013
Illinois
Another concern should be feeding. Severums need a lot of green in their diet. Also not sure if every severum acts like this, but mine is an eager eater and will hog all the food if you let him. You might have to over feed to keep your polys full, but I suppose it depends on what kind you have.

Sent from my SM-G900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store