Feeder fish

AJD4

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2015
Wyoming
So I have a problem I can not keep up with stock on feeder fish for my fish I have a couple of tanks and some fish that all eat feeders and love Them the problem is that my pet store I buy my 1-2 inch rosy Reds from witch I like to feed them is 30 min away and quite expensive when I'm going through about 200 a week it cost me about 40 dollars just in food witch isn't the big problem it's the 1 hour round trip to get them I have about a 10 gal tank that I keep my feeders in but I just want to know if anybody has had and experience with breading them to feed I do also feed them some silversides that are frozen and some blood worms but the only food they really like are feeders any help?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Try breeding convicts

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
+1 Theyll spawn in the bag on the way home from an LFS lol.

Invest in an 80 gallon plastic tote too. great for holding/QTing feeders.

If you have local baitshops buy fathead minnows or shiners (depending on how big your predator fish are). Cheap, hardy as all hell, and a bigger meal all around.

Mymonsterfish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
St Paul, MN
+1 Theyll spawn in the bag on the way home from an LFS lol.

Invest in an 80 gallon plastic tote too. great for holding/QTing feeders.

If you have local baitshops buy fathead minnows or shiners (depending on how big your predator fish are). Cheap, hardy as all hell, and a bigger meal all around.
Yup and you get like 60 of them for 2 to 3 bucks

Sent from my SM-N910T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store