Eshopps Wet/Dry?

Nigelk8485

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2014
Louisville, KY
I'm looking at buying one of these http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=18367 and was wondering if anyone has any reviews on it? I had another thread asking about building a sump, then decided I didn't want to mess with it and was looking at a second canister to run with my fx5 on my 150, but for the same price of an additional canister I can just get this and call it a day.

I'm looking at the one rated for 400gph, so would I need a return pump rated at 400gph? Any recommendations on pumps?

I know this is in the wrong section but I'm looking at pulling the plug on this soon so would like the most amount of responses as quickly as possible.

Edit: The more I'm researching the more mixed reviews I'm getting about wet/dry filters being a thing of the past. This is all mainly from saltwater aquarists though. So would you recommend another canister, or the wet/dry. I'm really not starving for more filtration, my tank is very lightly stocked and I do regular weekly water changes. But I just like getting new stuff so it seems more responsible to get additional filtration vs. a bunch of driftwood and new fish.
Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

noside

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2014
NJ
I wouldn't run anything rated for under double the size of the aquarium you are trying to filter. Manufacturer suggestions are of the bare minimum. On a tank of 150 gallons I would not run anything under the WD200cs/ 300cs ideally and even that is on the small side IMO volume of media wise.
One of my 55gal tanks uses a pf800, 900-1000 gph flow rate and that is ideal to me. I used to use multiple filters but for simplicity sake I dropped them all down to running on only a single over sized sump. Easier to maintain, easier on the electric bill, more laminar flow instead of disruption.

KAWAMIKIE

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2010
New Jersey
You really don't need to spend all that money on a sump. If your water quality is fine your just throwing away money. You would only benefit from being able to put your heater in it.
If you really feel the need to add more filtration,
I would add a HOB like an Aquaclear 110. Extend the intake pipe down toward the bottom so your getting good turn over.
I'm running an FX5 and AC 110 on my 150. I have at least 50 fish in it. My water is clear with heavy daily feedings and weekly 40% water changes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store