New pickerel

Saugeye86

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2015
Denver, CO
I got my new redfin pickerel in the mail yesterday!! I'm really happy with it, however it seems really stressed from the mail its colors are really pale right now!! If there is any way to make it less stressed tips would be great!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
in my experience thus far with esox species they tend to get washed out on occassion. My fish is far from stressed but he pales out probably once or twice a day. I think it just depends on the tank or lights. Yours will be fine, they are hardy fish. Get some feeders in the tank with it and just let it acclimate.

Saugeye86

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2015
Denver, CO
Yea I put some feeders in there last night, was doing fine when I left for work this morning!!! My saugeye seems to be more active now there is another fish in the tank!!! That's a plus

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Yea I put some feeders in there last night, was doing fine when I left for work this morning!!! My saugeye seems to be more active now there is another fish in the tank!!! That's a plus

hes probably not used to the interaction haha. He'll go back to his regular mopey self once things are at an acclimated point. did your pickerel eat yet? Sachs purges their fish before they ship them and the ones I've had eat between 5-10 guppies the second they are out of their ship bags.

Saugeye86

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2015
Denver, CO
hes probably not used to the interaction haha. He'll go back to his regular mopey self once things are at an acclimated point. did your pickerel eat yet? Sachs purges their fish before they ship them and the ones I've had eat between 5-10 guppies the second they are out of their ship bags.
I haven't seen him eat yet, but I've been at work all day!!

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Uh oh. How big is the saugeye?

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
They ain't schooling type fish. And you will have problems with saugeyes and pickerel in same tank, especially when they gets bigger than pickerel. My walleye doesn't have any problems with eating 6-7" suckers and he's only 9".....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store