Officials seize pet alligator that family kept illegally for 37 years

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
If they had it for 37 years, isn't that technically grandfathered in since they got it before it was illegal? Even though I was too young to remember but I know even in the late 80's and early 90's hot snakes were still legal here in cali

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

foto69man

Candiru
MFK Member
Grandfathered in sounds about right, unless they play by different rules there?

The dead cats are a bit damning though...

Other than that I know next to nothing about raising crocs or gators...so anyone seen pictures on where he was kept and how it was?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
This was mentioned on our local news the other night.A few thoughts come to mind...authorities are asking neighbors to contact them if they've had any pets go missing in the last 40 years,talk about cold case files...good thing for the gator that LA Zoo apparently now has room after it has been confiscated....

KiiNGGiiNGER

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2013
Marietta, Ohio
Its funny that its so uncommon and illegal in LA, working at a pet store in SE ohio I see people coming in to get food for their alligator is a weekly thing. Atleast 7 I know of in the small area around here.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I've heard that Ohio has or had some pretty lax laws regarding the keeping of exotic animals as pets....apparently not so in Commiefornia.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Hahaha commiefornia is pretty on point. There's so much stuff that's illegal over here it's rediculous. I remember a while ago there was a released alligator that was roaming around some lake for years and they finally went to catch it. Dunno what they did with it though

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store