Lump or Bump on Senegal bicher?

RyanMcFryin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2015
Des Moines
I have had my Senegal bicher for about three months. It's about 5 inches long. When I got home from work today I noticed that it had a noticeable lump on his underside right behind where I believe his stomach is on the left side. It's fairly small, there is no discoloration or anything else. Does anybody know what this is? He eats pellets and I recently stopped feeding him feeder guppies because I was told it is a bad idea and can introduce parasites. Thanks.

RyanMcFryin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2015
Des Moines
I have been feeding him every night. He is still eating. Was active this morning but now is hiding behind the internal filter. I have no rocks in my tank. It is a sand bottom.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
dose the tank with epsom salts, feed him shelled green peas if he'll eat them, and keep watch on him. All ya can do.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Is it a disease or something then? How much epsom salt?
If I took a wild guess with no pics its a blockage of some type especially if the other fish aren't showing signs of anything but I can't be completely sure without seeing it.

1 tsp per 10 gallons I believe is the correct dosing for an entire tank but GOOGLE it first...its been a while since I used it that way. YOu can also dissolve some in water then soak his pellets in the solution as that would be a quicker way for him to ingest the salts.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store