Custom Aquarium.com

Paulbearer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Marion, NC
Has anyone ever got a tank from them and thoughts?

Sent from my XT1031 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Paulbearer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Marion, NC
Just found their site, and will be watching this thread for feedback.

Cheers

Found this and wanted to share.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2441445
Yea I saw that also, however he ended up going somewhere else. I've already talked to them and have a tanked lined up. One of the things I like is they do curbside delivery and do not ship until cured instead of shipping and then saying not to fill for so many weeks. I'll update once I get it 6-8 weeks build/cure time.

TheSinisterSOB

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2011
A little place called C At Hell
Awesome, thanks for the update!

Please let me know how it turns out.

Paulbearer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Marion, NC
They have a 500 gallon that is 8'longx4'widex2'high and I'm interested in it but it's .5 thick. Is it me or is that a little thin? Or is the 2' height mean the .5 is ok?

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
Yea I saw that also, however he ended up going somewhere else. I've already talked to them and have a tanked lined up. One of the things I like is they do curbside delivery and do not ship until cured instead of shipping and then saying not to fill for so many weeks. I'll update once I get it 6-8 weeks build/cure time.

I saw that wait to ship until cured they said was a huge bonus. Who cares? It either sits in their warehouse for 6 weeks or your basement for 6 weeks. It's the same actual date to fill with water.

They do look like good construction and good prices on tanks. The interesting thing though is their stands are like 4x the price of glass cages stands, though a lot fancier I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
I saw that wait to ship until cured they said was a huge bonus. Who cares? It either sits in their warehouse for 6 weeks or your basement for 6 weeks. It's the same actual date to fill with water.

They do look like good construction and good prices on tanks. The interesting thing though is their stands are like 4x the price of glass cages stands, though a lot fancier I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I think they do that so that the structural integrity of the silicone will be higher during shipment. So when it bounces around and gets loaded and unloaded the chances of the seals weakening lessens.

Paulbearer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Marion, NC
I think they do that so that the structural integrity of the silicone will be higher during shipment. So when it bounces around and gets loaded and unloaded the chances of the seals weakening lessens.
That's exactly why they do it he said. I just don't if I trust a 4' wide and 8' long tank with 1/2 glass. Think I might stick with the 8x3 one that is still 350 gallons.

Paulbearer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Marion, NC
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store