FX5 placement fora 300 gal Question

Calvin Klein

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2011
British Columbia
Hello! I was just wondering where you all wisest of wise MFKers would place the input and outtake of an FX5 to compliment my single corner overflow sump on my new 300 gal? The tricky thing is that there are only two options, due to the design of the tank that has glass overhanging on the inside edges. The two options are the two back corners. One just beside the overflow and the other where the sump input is. I was thinking the new FX5 outtake should be below the sump input and the FX5 input should be right beside the overflow. Hope that isn't too confusing. Would love to hear your thoughts. Easy to change of course but prefer to do things once if possible. The tank is 8 ft long. I tried attaching a pic but it keeps failing. Thanks again for your time!

KAWAMIKIE

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2010
New Jersey
I would put the fx5 return at the opposite end of your tank away from the overflow and the inlet to the fx5 near the over flow. Put your return from your sump near the fx5 return.
This should help push waste toward the filter inlets.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
I was thinking that just might create one big 8ft river of current. I thought it might be too much. Maybe I'm wrong. Thanks for the input.
The current created by the FX5 is much less then you think

Calvin Klein

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2011
British Columbia
Well, going to set it up tonight and having all the returns on one end and the outtakes on the other seems the most recommended. Gonna go with that unless someone has other thoughts. ??? Thanks all.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store