40b filtration question

poly74

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2013
Portland Oregon
So im running an ac110 right now but i plan on switching to a canister. My question is whether sun hun canisters are good or garbage. Also can someone recommend me a good one? I have 4 bichirs in there by the way and will be planting it

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
The build quality is pretty much what you probably expect it to be for the price, but it will do the job. Personally, I would rather try and find a used Rena, Eheim, or Fluval canister on eBay or Craigslist.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Sunsun's are good cheap canisters. I'm running a few and they work great. I'll tell ya I wont buy another overpriced name brand one again.
+1 Amen to that. I own 4 of these units.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
So im running an ac110 right now but i plan on switching to a canister. My question is whether sun hun canisters are good or garbage. Also can someone recommend me a good one? I have 4 bichirs in there by the way and will be planting it
Any reason you're switching to a canister, since the AC110 is more than adequate for a 40gal?

poly74

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2013
Portland Oregon
Couple reasons, First is it disturbs the substrate to much for my liking i am going to be planting it again soon. Also having that big ole thing hanging off the back aesthetically is less than pleasing

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store