Best background for a black arowana?

Mymonsterfish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
St Paul, MN
Tank is still being preordered and I'd appreciate any suggestions on what color to paint the back and bottom for best effectiveness. What color background would bring out the color of the fish. Also, already made a diy led light fixture that changes colors. What background would also do good with the lighting? and has anyone ever tried a white background..

Sent from my SM-N910T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

kopo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2009
Fuzzy Land
I would pick blue back and white buttom but it's totally depend on your personal taste:)

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
If it were my tank, I'd also do black background (I don't have a need for background on my tank). Although your fish will have darker colors, I think it will be a nice contrast with the LED lighting. Depending on the size of your tank, you could look for some "Mexican black river rock" for the substrate. So if you plan for substrate it wouldn't really matter what color bottom background. Depending on your stand, I would just use 3/4" plywood and 1/2" foam and place the tank on top. Have fun planning...

Mymonsterfish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
St Paul, MN
I love the sand idea. Always thought about doing sand, but I'm just too lazy to do all the extra sifting during wc days. A black back is nice tho. It was what I originally wanted to go with.. with the light blue led light color. willing to take any opinions just incase somebody knows a color that will compliment the colors of the aro.

I do agree sand will make the tank visually more eye catching

Sent from my SM-N910T using MonsterAquariaNet work App

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I find sand it more easy to keep clean

My pup stingray tank is bare bottom and I always seam to have the hose out to remove bits of poop

A tank with sand is more stable than a bare bottom tank as the sand holds good bacteria

I don't want to start the substrate Vs bare bottom debate again but I have my views on boring looking glass boxes with water in

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

tommyfc3s

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2013
New Jersey
idk how it would look with a black aro but my 110 has a blue background with black sand and it looks pretty good

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store