Switching stock

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
How often do you guys switch out stock, or at least toy with the idea of it?

Of my two tanks, I've constantly went between wanting community; and large wet pet, currently I have a juvenile GT in with some danios, but I can feel myself getting impatient on the growth rate lol; I already switched from having an Oscar, sigh

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
How often do you guys switch out stock, or at least toy with the idea of it?

Of my two tanks, I've constantly went between wanting community; and large wet pet, currently I have a juvenile GT in with some danios, but I can feel myself getting impatient on the growth rate lol; I already switched from having an Oscar, sigh

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I get into different types of fish so much lol. I've considered a big single in my 150 but can't bring myself to get rid of my bichirs and gar. But for your question I consider it all the time. That's the perk of having multiple tanks I guess lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

RSLTID

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2014
Utah
I have changed almost every year. Started with community for a year or so, then went to monsters. I had monsters for a few years, got a new job and had NO time. I couldn't get out of the hobby so I went back to community. That lasted all of two months before I got bored. So I set up an African tank. I loved the Africans, but got bored again after a year or so. Changed over to a rainbow planted tank for another year, and now back to monsters. I have sworn to myself not to change anything for a very long time. Monsters are my love.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
I'm always toying with ideas but I rarely actually do them on my larger tanks. I'll buy a small individual and usually rehome it before I ever actually put in the larger tanks.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
when i got back into fish i set a list of what i actually wanted to keep and the number of tanks im willing to have with the spare time i have. i have completed the list now lol but i see more fish i haven't seen available before and its making me want more lol, but rather than changing fish im constantly wanting to change the decore

virgil2090

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2011
NJ
I am also always tempted switch,but I try not to impulse buy,if I do,then the tank change becomes justified but I TRY to hold back

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
I think of it all the time. When I got back into the hobby, I changed stock 3 times within a year! Started out with large community, then monsters, then Africans and now it's oddball monsters with the exceptions of my breeding pair of dragon blood peacock cichlids. Guess I'll never be happy. Need more tanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store