Any friends or family ever caused a fish death?

blackghostknife

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
Hammond, Louisiana
So I had this super skittish blue male gourami once, literally the first fish I ever got. He had plenty of cover, beautiful girls, excellent water, never did figure him out and never had another like him.

Anyway, I was about to leave for a three month trip to Southeast Asia to spend the summer and so my dad volunteers to take care of my fish. Great. The word "gentle" doesn't apply to him in the least so I'm teaching him how to feed and he slams the lid of the tank down causing Mr. Blue to bash himself repeatedly against the glass and hood. Darn thing died of internal injuries.

You ever had a friend/relative kill a fish?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
My Grampa killed my angelfish I had for years, no idea how; I came back to a rotting carcass. Was secretly furious but you can't say anything, cause the person has taken time to (help?) You out lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Brobstfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2012
USA
I had my little cousin dump soap into my 75 last Christmas. My aunt caught her doing it, and I moved all fish to other tanks but I still lost all 6 yellow labridens I was growing out in that tank.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Had a moray eel, someone between wife and mothe in law poured bleach in tank:(

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
I saw someone dump a beer in a turtle tank at a house party once. I didn't feel too bad, poor Lil feller didn't have any uv light, filtration or heating. The drunk fool did him a favor, putting him out of his misery, soft peeling shell at all.

I saw a guy dump a whole bottle of betta pellets in a betta bowl at a party once too. Similar scenario unheated apartment. 50 degree water and an unfiltered bowl.

In my bachelor days I voraciously defended my tanks from my inebriated roommates and accomplices. Worst that ever happened was a guy puy some beef jerky in my 75g african tank. They ate it, along with the cheerios floating in there. I dont think anyone died.

Needless to say I enjoy being married with a baby and my own slice of the pie far away from disrespectful deliquent recidivism

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store