best live food

Unratedaccount

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2014
Vallejo, California
Hey everyone, I just wanted to know what your favorite live food you like to feed you fish. The only live food I fed to my fish was mosquito larve to my tiger barbs, and live earth worms to my young green terror. I want to know what live food is low in cost, high in nutrients, and fun to feed your fish. Go ahead, don't be shy, list the live food you feed your fish!

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Depends on my fish...I think they are all fun to feed live to.

My pickerel eats anything small and silvery that hits the water...

My butterfly fish hammer crickets

My sunfish eat small mealworms and earthworms

My leopard bushfish eat earthworms, guppies, and anything else small enough to fit in their mouths lol.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
That is dependent in what fish and for what reason (general health or conditioning to spawn).

I feed earthworms as a treat to my catfish and I feed live mosquito larvae and blackworms to condition my spawning groups.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Depends on fish species. My walleye loves leeches, earthworms and feeder fish while my bullhead loves shrimp and crayfish. My sunfish gets maggots, mealworms and waxies.

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Depending on the size of the fish, everything from vinegar eels, walter worms, microworms, baby brine shrimp, daphnia, grindal worms, blackworms, mosquito larvae, maggots, earthworms, etc. can be used.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
river shrimp are cool, drop a few hundred in and watch the cichlids hunting em....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store