Question on the best tank mates for Super Red Aro

Jelesey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2015
Philippines
Hi there well I am preparing my tank for the coming of my super red aro, he's about 10 inches.

Any suggestions on tank mates? my tank size is 220galons 55"x30"x30"

My wife would like to put in Oscars but I'm not sure if they're gonna work well.

Would love a stingray but budget doesn't allow it tank+fish cost me more than 120k php (2.5k+USD), so I'm hoping suggestions wouldn't be so expensive.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Hi there well I am preparing my tank for the coming of my super red aro, he's about 10 inches.

Any suggestions on tank mates? my tank size is 220galons 55"x30"x30"

My wife would like to put in Oscars but I'm not sure if they're gonna work well.

Would love a stingray but budget doesn't allow it tank+fish cost me more than 120k php (2.5k+USD), so I'm hoping suggestions wouldn't be so expensive.
Long term your tank is a bit small for a super red
You maybe best getting a xback or 24k

I had reds and xbacks in a 84 long x 32 wide x 28 tall and within 2 years the Reds had outgrown the tank

Xbacks get to about 24" and should be ok in your size tank for a lot longer than a red maybe even for life

Reds get to 36"+

Asian aros have larger scales than silvers or black so can't bend as well

Due to the amount of money you are spending I don't think you would want to upgrade within 2 years so get a xback

I don't think a Oscar would work that well

Rays work well and you don't need to get the super high priced black diamonds not as a first Ray anyway

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jelesey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2015
Philippines
what's the price range on rays? well we were thinking of getting the xback but the Robin's instana special super red aros we're incredibly nice.... the owner of the shop is quite nice and has 3 adult sizes of that breed... he said it only goes 28-30"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store